The Cochrane Activettes was chartered in May 1978 and is a “Not for Profit” Society dedicated to helping those less fortunate.
The Activettes are a dedicated group of women whose objectives are to engage in charitable welfare and/or civic work in the community to make Cochrane and district a better place for all of us to live.
Our main service project is running the Cochrane Food Bank and providing Christmas hampers. We are the owners and operators of “The Clothesline”, a used clothing store located on Centre Avenue, which is run through the generous donation of time by many community volunteers.
Other services include hosting Santa at Light-Up and volunteering at many other community events (More on these events see our Cochrane Activettes Events page). We meet the second Wednesday of each month at 7pm.
If you are interested in finding out more about our organization, please call us at 403-932-9290 or email email@example.com. We would be glad to answer any questions that you have about this great organization, that really makes a difference in the Cochrane community!
For a list of dozens of articles referencing the Cochrane Activettes, please see our local Cochrane newspaper archives:
For the past 30 years we have made some major contributions to the Cochrane community:
- United Homecoming Fund
- Appliances for the Homestead
- Boys and Girls Club Start Up
- Cochrane Minor Baseball Start Up
- Share Your Christmas Hamper Program
- Cochrane Food Bank
- Cochrane High School Solar Energy Project
- Flood Relief 2013
- 2007 – Community Builder of the Year
- 2007 – Citizen of Vision of the Year
- 2003 – Volunteer Club of the Year
- 1985 – Citizen of the Year
- 1984 – International Women’s Club of the Year